1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SPREADERS

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by OBRYANMAINT, Jun 24, 2000.

1. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

BUYING V BOX NOT MANY OF THE DIFFERENT MODELS HAVE FEED ADJUSTABLE SEPERATE FROM SPINNER. IS THIS NOT REALLY A CONCERN?<br>ALSO NOT MANY OF THE SPINNERS ARE ADJUSTABLE IN CAB ONLY THE DEFLECTORS?<br>I THINK YOU NEED MORE CONTROL!? OPINIONS?

2. BillNero

BillNero Member

I think you'll find all the Gas Engine Driven models do NOT have seperate controls for the Conveyor feed and spinner speed. You'd have to go to a Hydraulic unit with two hydraulic motors and a dusl flow control to acheive that. The conveyor feed is however adjustable thus allowing you to run the spinner fast while limiting the amount of salt to it.<p>I would say this is all you really need but you may want to ask the guys that actually salt for their opinion.<p>----------<br>THINK SNOW!<br>Bill

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

You can't get a gas driven spreader whith different rate controlls for feed and spinner, as far as i know. It really isn't necessary either. I don't think i have adjusted the deflectors on any of my v-boxes more than once or twice a season.<p>Geoff

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Torwell V boxes allow you to vary spinner speed. And you can control material flow with a gate on the bedchain. As far as I know that is the only brand which allows this.

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Curtis makes a unit with a gas over hydro drive system.<br>I use a smith electric spreader with simple on off. I control material with the feed gate, and the spinner speed is one speed.<br>the best up grade you can make is an urethane spinner. We changed to a 6 vein 14&quot; spinner from the 3 vein 12 spinner that was originally installed on the spreader.<br>I dont see the need for dual rate speed control, if anything I run the material a little on the light side, and just go over the area 2x.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

My bradford gasser has an adjustable feed gate ,and an elecrtic clutch,I feel this is all you need.I set mine a lttle thin too,I hate to apply to much material or have to fly around corners so because its throwing it so thick,id rather go over it twice.My spinner is a 4vein,about 10-12&quot; in diameter,how much are those spinners Dino?<p>----------<br>John D<br>

7. Vince Panaroni

Vince Panaroni Member

Dino,<p>Curtis has Torwell in Mass. build their boxes, and they are factory Torwell boxes with Curtis's name. Good boxes with an excellent track record<p>vince

8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

That spinner will $*****.**<br>I dont like to talk prices on the site, it is disrespecfull to the adimistator. However feel free to e mail me and I will quote you.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org