1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ghostrunner, Nov 20, 2003.

1. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

I am looking for a spreader for salt and sand. I was thinking of mixing the sald and sand together. What is a good tailgate spreader to use for this?
    What kind of salt do you use and where do I get it?
    Who makes the best spreader?

2. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Try doing a search on this site, you will find lots of information.

3. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

thanks

Thanks CPSS,
    I want NEW information not old news.
    I always do a search before I post questions. But thanks for the suggestion of doing a "search".

4. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Well, sorry if you were offended.... all the info regarding spreaders and salt is still current if you do a search. This topic is discussed every fall.....................

5. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

Airflow makes a real nice heavy built stainless tailgate unit.As for sale try a local landscape store or supply unless u buy alot,i get mine off the morton docks in connecticut but we buy a real lot

6. EIB

EIB Senior Member

ghostrunner,

You will need a two stage unit like a Western Pro Flo 2. Fisher also makes a two stage unit. Look on their web sites. I run the Western. Single stage units won't handle the mix.

7. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

thanks

Thanks for replies guys....doing research. ALso trying to see what customers want before I drop cabbage on a new spreader!

8. snowplowman

snowplowman Junior Member
    from NH

tailgate spreader

FISHER SPEEDCASTER 2 IS AN EXCELLENT CHOICE OF A SAND/SALT TAILGATE SPREADER. THESE UNITS ARE GREAT UNITS.