1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FIREMAN, Jan 2, 2001.

FIREMAN Member

ok here goes a stupid ?....I want a small spreader for residentials...looked at an earthway also heard snow ex has a small truck mounted spreader....just want something to put on the one jeep I have..anyone ever use or hear good/bad about any of these???
  2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I ordered the SnowEx 575 on Thursday & had it Fed Exed for Friday & installed it. It mounts in the trailer hitch. Works great for bagged material (dry) Was buying bulk salt that was kind of wet & it didn't do so well with it. I have a few small lots further from the main route so I wanted to be able to salt those lots with my blazer while there instead of sending the larger spreader truck. Worked out great. From what I could see in the pictures of the Earthway in catalogs, it didn't seem as heavy duty as the Snow Ex IMO.
  3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I got a fisher speed caster II and it does both wet sand and dry materials.This is a two stage spreader and it can mount below via a hitch system or into the bed of a pickup .used it today and it works very well with wet sand.cost about$2,200 uninstalled.