1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreaders

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dlongerman, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

Does the 2500 spreader use the same hook up as the 1000 ? As in controler i have the variable speed one. I have the 2500 and it's a POS... Looking into the 1000....

2. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

The 2500 hookup uses a class IV hitch receiver mount. The model 1000 has a choice of swing away style, a fixed bumper style, or a class IV receiver hitch mount style like the 2500. They are very similar and I thought they were going to do away with the model 1000 but im not sure. Maybe its something you should check with the Western guys that are answering questions this week.

3. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

I know the difference of that hook up.

Im wanting to know about the wiring. my truck is wired for the 2500, and i want to know if the 1000 is the same electric harness. I have the variable speed controller.

4. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

Wiring is the same for all tailgate spreaders ( models 500,1000 & 2500)

5. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks that's all I needed.