1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreaders and Rear blades

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wideout, Dec 3, 2012.

1. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I did do a search and couldnt find it. I would like to see pictures of anyone who is running rear blades along with a salt/sand spreader. There is one member on here that has posted pics in the past but cant remember who it was. I have the opertunity to get a rear blade for cheap but i dont know how it will work out

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I think its tripleL who has a setup like that

3. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I believe your right. At least i think it does

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Take a look on youtube, I know TripleL has videos of his Ebling back blade.

5. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Do you know what his you tube name is by chance

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

7. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

There is more to it than just throwing a Salter on the back. You need to get rid of the lift frame and cylinder in the center and get it pushed out. Then the blade needs to raise higher then the spinner or you're going to have a mess on your hands.

8. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Yeah i figured there would be some fabricating involved. Thats why i was wanting to see how some of the other guys have done it. I dont want to mess up my spreader and i dont like doing things twice. Its a snowman rear plow so im not sure if it will be a pita or not.

9. miderbier

miderbier Member

Mount

Mine was set up for a spreader but I don't run one figured this might give you an idea. Just a receiver mounted on the back

image.jpg

10. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty sure it isn't going to work with a Snowman. Not coming off the hitch anyways.

11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

My youtube name is cjltriplel

I just set up my f550 with a 4.5 yard and ebling twin lift backblade, you need 2 lift cylinders that are shortened to get the extra height, this will be my 3rd spreader / backblade truck :)

Works great

12. miderbier

miderbier Member

Agreed with triple L mine also has two lift cylinders

13. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Do you have any close up pics of it?

14. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Do you custom make it that way or does ebling make them that way as an option. I want everything on one truck so u don't have to worry about the other driver backing into something. Also in any if your YouTube videos do you have a close up of it to see how high it lifts. Haven't had a chance to get on YouTube yet.

15. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Have any pictures of this truck been posted? Sounds like an animal

16. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

No not yet, I'm working on a liquid system for it currently, it will be the definition of an animal, 4 in 1, plow front and back, salter, sprayer, dumper... :)