1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by greenfeet, Sep 23, 2002.

1. greenfeet

greenfeet Junior Member
    from pa

I am just getting into the snow removal business and have a few smaller jobs lined up for this year.

Does anyone have any suggestions for spreaders for use on sidewalks? Some type of push model for now. I haven't had much luck finding anything but tailgate types. Thanks.:drinkup:

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

for commercial side walks i use a push casting spreader. but if it was just for residential i would spread by hand

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Greenfeet, Welcome to Plowsite!:drinkup:

All you need is a fertilizer spreader, I use an Earthway model with all stainless steel framing and plastic hopper, holds 120 lbs. I've actually used it to salt a small parking lot when the truck spreader is tied up.

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Last edited: Sep 23, 2002
  5. greenfeet

greenfeet Junior Member
    from pa

thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of trying something like that but wasn't sure if it would hold up. I will definately give it a try.

Thanks again - I am suure that I will have more questions for all of you in the future. What a big help these sites are.

:)