1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Armor, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Armor

Armor Member

I would like to buy a cheap basic spreader this year new or used does any one have an idea where I can get one?

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I would think that your local want ad type of publication is a good place to start or a newspaper that has a construction section in its ads.

3. Armor

Armor Member

I've tried that JD w/no luck thats why I posted. I was hoping maybe a member had a used spreader or someone they knew.

4. JD PLOWER

Armor, another place to check might be at your local plow dealer. Around here they usually have a small bulletin board where people put pictures or listings of equipment for sale. Might be worth a try? Happy hunting.

5. Armor

Armor Member

Any idea what I should expect to pay?

6. JD PLOWER

Well, just for reference, later this winter I'm planning on selling my 94' Warren 1.7 yd. mild steel for somewhere in the neighborhood of $900. It has some rust but overall is in very good shape. In your area though that same sander might have twice the hours on it,( as contractors on the coast know we see massive temperature fluctuations and many times customers feel we are "piling on" when we sand and salt). So you may have to look around to find something decent. Just buy what you can afford and be patient when looking. (Don't jump on the first deal you come accross).

Location does play a HUGE roll in used parts availabilty. In the more urban area's you'll find a large selection of used plows and sanders, some almost new, some pretty tired.