1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jeffrey Abrams, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Jeffrey Abrams

Jeffrey Abrams Junior Member

Can anyone tell me where to look for a walk behind spreader? Currently I use a grass seed spreader- it do not work too well. Thanks PS I need the spreader to use for salting of driveways and sidewalks.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you buy one of the expensive walk behind fertilizer spreaders with the rubber tires they work great. We have used one for years. They seem to spread only bag salt thought. Open it wide up, if it clogs just shake it as you walk.
  3. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I offer Peladow spreaders, from Dow. They offer air filler tires, side deflector shute for spreading along walks, and a snap on plastic cover to keep the product dry and let you see how much is left.You can PM me, or email me at ahairkem@aol.com if you would like more info
  4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I just received this years pricing from Dow..I am offering the Peldow spreaders with air filled tires and cover for $182.00. This is a discounted price for Plowsite members only. Normal price is $206.95...Again email with have to do, while the PM are not working.think SNOW!!!
  5. jsydow

jsydow Junior Member

Commercial broadcast spreader

I just got a call & a flyer from my snow plow dealer. Meyer is selling a walk behind broadcast spreader made out of stainless steel and polypropylene. It has a 70# hopper capicty. It has a special deflector for side walks & can spread up to 12 feet. It is called the "Hot Shot". If you go to www.meyerproducts.com & go to new products they have pictures of it. They run around $300 to $400 which is well worth if it. The one I am currently using is rusting out from 1 season. I am going to buy the $400 one after we get a couple of snows here.
  6. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

That is pretty much the same as I have. I do still have about 9 in stock if anyone needs them.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

just purchased the spreader meyer makes
    comes with a stainless deflector for doing side walks $159.99