1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by First Responder, Nov 29, 2013.

1. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Looking to purchase a spreader for a sportsman, any thoughts on the different spreaders on the market would be greatly appreciated. Any pros/cons between manufacturers, tow behind, hitch mounted, ect.

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I bought a cheap 125 lb 12V spreader Bought for $30, then I took belt out of a baler and made a deflector. Works well I can change the height to do 36'' walks 48'' walks 60'' walks With running the belt the icemelt drops right behind the atv not in the grass

3. First Responder

from 48015

Great idea with the deflector, I was pondering what to use for one. Thank you for your info!

4. Antlerart06

Glad to help I think I have a thread in the ATV section Show photos of it

5. First Responder

from 48015

I will try to find it!
    Thanks again

6. Antlerart06

I couldn't find it but did find some photos of it

SANY0074.JPG

SANY0075.JPG

7. First Responder

from 48015

Very nice set up! How did you mount the spreader.....I was looking at the hitch receiver mount but I was afraid that it didn't look too sturdy.

8. Antlerart06

when my 3 pt hitch is on sets on it summer time I have a hand made receiver with a mount hooks there and second place on the rack

9. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I just got this two months ago and all I have done is seed down some woodland trails but I hope to also use it for ice duty this winter

Curtis fast cast 300 spreader

I know its bigger then what the atv can hold but will only load it 1/3 full
    Sorry for the dark pics but I don't have lights in this garage yet

image.jpg

10. jturkey69

jturkey69 Junior Member

We are using snowex 325 spreaders on our two arctic cat tbx. We have had to modify the auger assembly already due to too much salt coming out...we use sidewalk salt, so it's more fine then halite/rock salt. We bought the gate closures for the snowex 575 and will install them tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes

11. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

+1 on the SnowEx! We have used them on our quads for years. Run bagged salt through them. Have used different hitch types over the years.