1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader using wet sand?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TPC Services, Nov 4, 2006.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

how well does the boss spreader work with wet or damp sand? Its says on there web page that it only spreads dry material I looking for a spreader that can thorw wet and dry sand or damp materials would I be better off going with westerns pro flow 2 spreader instead? I have a bos 8' blade. I would like to keep all of my equipment the same if possable. I do not want to be out plowing and have to deal with having to uncloge the spreader because the material keeps packing?

2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

no one has a comment on this any help would be nice

3. WRIGHTTRAILERS

WRIGHTTRAILERS Member

I wouldn't recommend the BOSS spreader for material that you know will be wet. The motor and auger just aren't powerful enough to spreader heavy wet clumped material.
    I can't speak for the other units you mentioned, because I'm not familiar with them.

Adam Caron
    Parts Manager
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma