1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader suggestions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RandallJ, Nov 30, 2015.

1. RandallJ

RandallJ Member

Ok so talking to sales people means every spreader they have is the worlds best..

Total area to cover is around 60,000 sq ft and I do not mind 2 reloads per spread..
    Media is "treated salt" and regular salt..

I get that a simple single stage spreader is probably going to be a headache
    A single stage with a vibrater less of one but still likely some bridging.

A two stage seems to be the most suggested (go figure)..

I have looked at the SnowEx 1575 ($2300 delivered) as well as some used v-box solutions (probably overkill for this and likely going to take more money to make reliable)..

Any suggestions on this before I plop down the money? (I am not opposed to a decent used one but do not want more problems than necessary)

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Buy what you think you'll need in the future, buy it once, by it right
  3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Buy it

The SnowEx 1575 will do the job just fine. That is a great spreader. We run many of their spreaders from small to large and have had good luck with them. You will like the auger feed system on the 1575. It's a nice feature for a tailgate spreader.
  4. pnoone

pnoone Member

Also the Buyers TGS07 is worth considering. Horizontal auger, 200 lb vibrator. 11 cu ft capacity. Just had one installed today for $2400.
  5. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare Member

Mine is getting installed today as well. Looking forward to see how it does
  6. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

For 600.00 more you could have bought a new 1.5 yard V-Box.
  7. pnoone

pnoone Member

Sorry, $2100. Yep- if I wanted a v-box I would have gotten one.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015