1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader storage?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Young Pup, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Was not really sure if I should have put this in the Newbie fourm or here. I am probably still considered a newbie anyway. But here goes, today I washed the snowex 575 inside and out. While washing I noticed I am getting some rust on this. This is the first year of use for this. Anyway my question is, I plan on sanding the rust off. Do I put a primer paint on before the regular paint? What types of paint so I use on this. I also plan on doing this to the snow plow. Same concept that I am using on the spreader for the plow too.

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i would use a galvanized spraypaint
  3. Young Pup

Thank You.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Young Pup
    Use Por 13 paint no primer, do a search on the Internet. Also spray your motor shaft and spinner head with Corrosionx. www.corrosionx.com Buy the stuff in the red can, great product it's all I use now.

Good Luck Mike
  5. Young Pup

Thanks for the advice. I did not get to it this weekend. I am hoping next weekend or sometime during the week.