1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader stand or cradle

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by tim975, Jan 13, 2007.

1. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Hello guys, I now have a Western Pro Flow 1000 Spreader, and I was wondering if anyone has made some kind of stand or cradle to set it on. Any pics or drawings? I have the trailer hitch mount. Any info is greatly appreciated.
  2. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

thats the little one not a v bix correct?

we have one fisher speedcast that is on a trctor same hitch mount. we just set it on a milk crate...

the v box has an a frame though
  3. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Spreader Caddy

Karrier has developed a spreader caddy to help guys that work alone handle their spreader. Call me to discuss. 800-709-4434

Bob Church
    Karrier Company
  4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Snowex 575 that I built a rolling stand for. I use a furniture dolly and some treated lumber. The stand allows me to slide the hitch mount right into the 2" receiver. Then I can wiggle the stand from under........works great and was cheap......
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Do you have any pictures of your spreader caddy that you could post??? I work solo and could use something to assist with removal of my Magnum 575 spreader. That Magnum is a little too heavy to handle by yourself. Thanks, Ed

6. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Spreader Caddy

Sorry Ed, I don't have pictures to post just yet. I need to get some testing done before I'm ready to sell it. I have to make sure it won't tip over easily. Can you imagine the liability?