1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader RPM

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by funnyboy, Dec 31, 2001.

1. funnyboy

funnyboy Junior Member
    from Ohio

Does any one out ther no the horsepower and rpm ratings for the motor on the meyer mini spreader (36000)? Mine froze up and am not about to pay $289 at the dealer. Prefer to buy one cheaper elsewhere

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Welcome to the forum! You'll find loads of info here.I'm not familiar with the spreader you mention, but it sound like it has an electric motor? If so, take it to a starter rebuilder, he should be able to ID it and either repair or replace it for you. Don't be surprised if you end up back at your dealer though. I'm still waiting for a pump seal the size of a 50 cent piece that costs $25 and is only available from the dealer. These parts are produced in limited numbers compared to auto parts and that drives the price up.

3. E-man

E-man Junior Member
    from west.PA

Mine went out on me Saterday on my last lot (thank goodness) I called my dealer and several places that sell them and thsy all wanted over three hundred dollars for one. I decided to buy a rebuilt one and it cost $150.00

4. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

to the best of my knowledge the original cannot be rebuilt it is permamently sealed but cheaper ones are available......it seems like in the past when i ran those that i replaced it every year and i believe it is a 3/4 horse

where in ohio are you there are a few mail order houses near me that sell cheaper replacement models for the mini spreader.....(rcpw)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2001
  5. funnyboy

funnyboy Junior Member
    from Ohio

im in the Akron area. I was looking through the Grainger catalog and came across one for $21.99. Im still debating whether it will work considering it is 1/35 hp and 2340 rpm

6. G.Williams

G.Williams Member

Check J.Thomas Catalog, I believe I remember them being like brand new motors for the unit for like $170.00. But it is the correct motor for the application.

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Electric horsepower is different then Gas horsepower. Not in the way it is measured but in what is necessary for work to occurr. Plowking35 and I found that the electric motors for full v-box sanders are only 1/3 hp. Compared to gas engines which usually run 8.5-10.5hp. It is the torque that is more important. When picking an electric motor though you should match everything as close as possible or go to the next higher rated motor.