1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader questions

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by plowinzr2, Mar 15, 2007.

1. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

has anyone used the small snoway vbox spreaders? ive got an s10 and id like to get a v-box but im not sure of the weight thing and i wanna be able to use a sand salt mix without it clogging all up. ive heard tailgate spreaders use alot of material quick and u have to use the bagged stuff. any input would be greatly appreciated
  2. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I dont wanna be the guy to pee in your Cheereos here......BUT....

A V-box in an S-10???

Is that even possible??

Mabey I am way off base here but I have an S-10 and 600 pounds of sandbags in the back darn near sticks the axle to the frame. (but it never gets stuck)

The lightest sno-way v-box weighs in at 430 pounds (5' electric, stainless steel)

and by the time that you fill it with salt/sand you are gonna have that thing screamin for mercy:help:

Like I said, I may be wrong and if I am someone please correct me... but I would think that the reciever spreader would be the way to go on a 1/3 ton truck.
  3. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

plus snoway didn't make them. they sub it out and I heard they have issues
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hitch mount spreader, stay small 4/6 cubic feet.
  5. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I don't know about where they are made but one of the local equiptment dealers told me that they have worked on a few of them...his comment was "I dont understand how they made such a simple machine so damn complicated...

he is a sno-way dealer ...new this year..(long time Western / Boss dealer) when I stopped in looking for a hose I asked what kind of inventory they had for sno-way stuff....the lady looked at me and said "the banner on the front of the building":dizzy:

Hopefully they ramp up for next year.