1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader Question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by IA snoman, Jan 13, 2005.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

I am looking to buy a tailgate spreader. I am considering a 2 stage that will spread salt and sand. I was considering a western pro flo 2. Can anybody tell me what they are going for? Found one in the paper brand new in box for $2150. I went to my dealer and he didn't have a price. He was steering me towards a Snowex/trynex 1075. The price was $1500. Is this good or a bad price. Is this a good spreader or not. I recall hearing a lot of good things about the western spreaders, any comments about the snowex/trynex spreader? :confused:

2. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

pro flow 2 :gunsfiring: is best bang for buck. we've had 2 in last 3 years. traded old one in for 1000.00 differents. works great with salt and sand. 22.2300.installed is dealer price.

3. burgundybob

burgundybob Junior Member

western spreader parts

I am trying to repalace the motor on my Pro flo I and do not want to pay list from the dealer. The motor comes without any i.d. from Western. I took it to Grangers and they are not able to match it up by eyeball. The list is $333. Is this reasonable? Should I just go ahead and order it from the distributor or is there a cheaper way to go? Is there a secret to winterizing the motor so it dosen't corrode? Other than this no complaints.

4. REED384

REED384 Senior Member

spreader

i have a trynex for about 4 years and outher than the cable for the gate locking up i am more than pleased ,by the way if you get one and get the gate trash the cable and let me know i have a electric gate set up on mine and i can make you one for about 100 bucks if you supply the gate it self.

5. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

TRynex / SnowEx 1075 is salt only....The SnowEx 1875 is for salt & sand mix.

I have used the trynex products and have had no issues.

6. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Thanx Indy! I didn't notice that. I told him I wanted to be able to spread both sand and salt. He has a price of 2120.40 listed for this spreader (1875) and I guess that I wanted to buy the Pro flo but he told me they were way more expensive doesn't seem like it too me.

7. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Is there anybody on the net who sells Western spreaders?

8. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

IA snowman I sent you a PM

9. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have a fisher speedcaster 2..works escellent.I have a few posts on it already. I did notice it seems to use a lot less salt or dry sand than wet mix to cover a lot..more money for product but lasts longer..I have had it 2 seasons and as long as you grease the fittings and wash it out, it wont let you down..I think they go for $1900, cash and carry..

10. whitegrass

whitegrass Junior Member
    from midwest

Trynex/Snow-ex

IA snowman,
    Just received a quote from a dealer in Prairie Du Chien WI. for the Sand Pro 1875 9.0 cu unit for $1967.00 D&J Toppers& Truck Acces. 608-326-4766 :waving: