1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader motor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wahlturfcare, Jan 15, 2008.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i just finished putting a new briggs ohv motor onto one of my swenson spreaders to replace the 8hp.
    I need to know where to hook the 4 wires, orange(lights), red(charging), black(Magneto), grey(Fuelshut off) where should i hook each of these to?
    MY old controller was mounted on the back of the spreader with a push button to start the motor, a toggle to turn the power onto the motor and a push button for the clutch.
    Could i take the red to the solenoid(if so what side, batt side or starter side?), leave orange unhooked, balck to the toggle start switch, and grey to the other side of the switch?
  2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i got it wired up to a switch now so it runs. But i do have a idea of making my own in cab harness, but am unsure how you would wire up the lectric throttle to a switch. any ideas?