1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader Motor

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by shaffecv, Jan 10, 2013.

1. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

A friend of mine gave me an older Buyers tailgate spreader. Of course the motor is seized.
    Anyone have any experience with the $77 units on E-bay ? I only will be using cinders on my own driveway never salt.
  2. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

Do you have the wiring hooked up to a controller?

The reason I ask is, this is usually the culprit. If you do, try hard wiring it to a battery to test it.
  3. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

Can't turn the shaft with a pliers. looks like it was never rinsed off after use. It was abandoned in a rental garage my friends boss owns. Along with an 8ft Fisher old school under hood pump style. He only has the blade and a-frame.
  4. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

i was lookign at those motors a week ago. i ended up finding one slightly cheaper and free shipping. works great. the local plow shop wanted over $200 for a brand one