1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader Motor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GSullivan, Aug 12, 2010.

1. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I bought a used stainless steel Air-Flo this past spring.I've been going thru it all summer greasing,tightening and all that good stuff.It has a 10 1/2 H.P. Briggs motor on it that I can't get to run good at all.I've cleaned the carb,changed the spark plug and air filter.Is there anything else I can do?Do I need that big of a motor?Any info from you guys would be great.George:mechanic:

2. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Nine times out of ten it's the carb..Take it off and remove the float bowl. Look under the carb. where the float goes. You will see a brass jet. Unscrew it if you can, it will have small holes in it that get clogged. Spray them with carb cleaner and use a fine piece of wire and clean them out. look in the carb bore and there will be a few very small holes, make sure they are clean. When your done cleaning all the small holes, clean them again. Put it together and she should run fine. Good Luck

3. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I'll get right on that this weekend.Thanks for the information!:mechanic: