1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader motor problems please help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by baddboygeorge, Nov 26, 2002.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

i have a buyers tailgate spreader an it has 2 wires a black an a red does it make a difference which side i connect them to the motor .please let me know thanks george

2. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

You'll change the direction of the motor by switching the wires. If it's not obvious which side you put which wire... hook them up. If it rotates counter clockwise looking down on the spinner, you've got it hooked up right. If it goes clockwise, you'll send material into the back of your truck. Switch the wires.

3. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Does your Buyers spreader have the motor in the hopper or hang under the hopper. It makes a difference to the rotation direction. ;)

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

i have the motor that is exposed it hangs below the motor everyone that has gave imput on this thanks for the help an by the way i am new to this thanks so much george