1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader light

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by snow man 0311, Feb 21, 2010.

1. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

I was hooking a spreader light for my meyer mate when I was thinking about wiring it up to the moter terminals it would be a clean install also the light would come on when the spreader is is on , but it has a blast mode on the switch , would this be to much for th light or the spreader motor , or am I better wiring the light to a seprate switch ....

2. DobbinsINC

DobbinsINC Member

i did the same thing...it works when the spreader is on, hooked to the motor terminals...took like 10 minutes...to each their own but i like it

3. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

Light Connection

The motor speed is basicly controlled by a reostat which controls the amount of juice going to the motor so yes the light will come on when the motor is on but the intensity of the light will vary depending on how fast the motor is running. I would suggest just hooking up to another switch. Plus you will pull more amps with the light connected to the motor control which in turn could limit the life of the controller or the light. Take the time and do it right.

4. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

well hook the light up to the terms om the motor ,, like 10 mins looks good pretty bright I'll get some pics on soon ...

5. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

:popcorn: ...... waiting on pics as I too have thought about this !!!!

6. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

I have my light hooked to a switch on the dash. I think it works better like that incase you need the light but don't want the spreader on.

7. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

here it is

the light look pretty good to me ......anyone:mechanic: sorry it was in the wrong thread

DSC03816.jpg

DSC03817.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  8. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Looks good lets see some night shots so we can get the full effect!!!!

Thanks

9. streetscrapin16

10. streetscrapin16

Sorry about that last post. Put the pic in the wrong way. Lets see if it works this time.

IMG_1215.jpg