1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader light Idea

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by nrplowguy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

So i have a wanted to put a light on the back of my spreader to see better at night. I was wondering if I plugged into my trailer plug to light this light if it would draw more then the system can handle????? I already have some LED back up lights hooked the the reverse in the plug but want to use a non LED for spreader light.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Should be ok.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I hooked mine into the spreader itself, between the module and motor. There was no need even for a switch, activate the spreader the light is on. It dims with the speed control of the motor but I only ever have it on full speed ahead...LOL.
  4. LawnsInOrder

LawnsInOrder Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm surprised....the two LED ones aren't enough light?? Mine are brighter than my headlights it seems.
  5. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Hook it into the clutch wire. When the clutch is on , so is the light.
  6. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Yeah am running a Snowex 1875 sand pro so I dont have a clue how I could wire it into it.
  7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just wire and switch it. Seperate wire and switch.
  8. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Well I think I am going to run the wire down to the plug that I have going to the trailer plug since I already have wires there. I will just mount a waterproof switch on the spreader so when I fill it I can flip it on.
  9. dancing bear

dancing bear Junior Member

I wired it in with the viborator ,switch is in the cab
  10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I wired mine into a trailer plug, comes on when the headlights are on. So its on all the time at night but I have never had a problem.
  11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I ran a pig tail off my strobe wiring to a 2 prong plug for the spreader lights.
    This way the lights are always on (when the strobe is on) which is handy when backing up and they also are visible to others too.