1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader ideas

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by drtumolo, Jan 7, 2014.

1. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

I am looking for a way to spread both coal cinders or 3/8 aggregate on my driveway. It is a little over 1/4 mile long gravel drive. I would prefer something to tow behind my dakota. Any ideas
  2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Idk about towing something. But a paver can do it. Or a dump truck with coal shoot
  3. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

Calling a paver or a contractor with a dump truck really is not what I am looking for but thanks. Ideally I would like to have a tow behind broadcast spreader that could handle cinders and maybe small aggregate. I am surprised nobody makes something for a homeowner to use.
  4. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

No profit....
    Most homeowners don't salt/sand anyways nor would the other half spend more than $7-800 for something they'll use 3-5 times a year, plus there would be no profit for manufacturers
  5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

SnowEx 1575

SnowEx 1575 may be what you are looking for. Check it out on there web site. Many mounting options. It will spread what you are wanting to spread as well.