1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader Hydrolic Pump......

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by White Gardens, Jan 3, 2010.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I have an 87 f-350 with a contractors dump. I recently picked up a couple of large parking lots and the push spreader won't cut it. I need to dump about 2 tons of salt every time now.

I've just located a swenson tail-gate spreader so I can utilize my mason dump without having to install a V-box.

Now, my plow operates by a belt driven hydrolic pump. Unfortunately I don't think I can plumb into it for the spreader as the pump is probably only 1-2 gpm's.

Now, my question is, can I go to a bigger pump, say up to 10-15 gpm's and still get good function out of the plow. I personally think you could as long as the valve body for the plow is working properly and by-passes the fluid correctly.

Luckily a pump I've located will actually fit in place of the old as it has the same mounting requirements and isn't that much bigger.

Any thoughts, my Meyer dealer didn't know too much about the plow and pump considering it's thirty years old.

Thanks.

Nicholas White.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

pump & valve info

See my info below