1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bjwlawncare, Oct 19, 2011.

1. bjwlawncare

bjwlawncare Junior Member
    from PA

I was in the market for a tailgate spreader which can handle bagged salt. I went to my dealer I almost exclusively use first. I have been a customer over 15 years and have spent over 75k there ez. Anyway I asked for pricing which included installation and a variable speed control.

fisher 1000 $1825.00 plus tax

boss TGS800 $2550 plus tax

that was it. seemed very high and strange so I asked if Boss had other spreaders or other options and they said to go with a fisher...Best bang for the buck. I said let me think about it. I got the let me know we only have 3 left if they go you'll have to pay freight. I said ok thank you. I went across the street.

Salt dogg TGS06 $1100 which includes tax and installtion

Am I missing something. The one across the street doesn't sell mowers, trimmers etc so it was my first time there.