1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gtstang8706, Feb 2, 2011.

1. gtstang8706

gtstang8706 Member
    from MA

Any opinions on a good tailgate spreader for small commercial lots? Id like to use something that can handle sand as well as salt, but so far all I can find is the Fisher Pro-caster. Are there other models? Also, if I decide to go with a full size v-box, are there any major differences between the poly and stainless spreaders? Besides the material obvs. Is one better than the other as far as performance?

2. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

western and boss both make spreaders that do both and the down side to a v box is you cant hall what you need on the road with you plus i think tail gate spreaders are easer to sell and move from truck to truck if you have a brake down.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I run a Meyer 350S ("S" means sand/salt) with a 60/40 sand/salt mix with no problem. This past week I ran about 1000# through it, we had temps from -20* to + 25* and it never skipped a beat.
    It's big enough to handle my biggest lot and it's a pretty small in size so you really don't know it's back there.
    I found my on CL for $450.00 and all it needed was a sandblasting and paint job.

I'm pretty sure most every mfg makes one that will handle sand/salt mix and it ends up being local dealer support and cost.