1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader for utility body

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by GAV64, Nov 10, 2006.

1. GAV64

GAV64 Junior Member

I am looking for a spreader to go into a Reading utility body, is a dual wheel truck with the wide boxes, just about 50" between the boxes, 9 foot bed. I would like it easy to install and remove. does anyone out there have this set up, what do you use? thanks.
  2. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Why not a v-box? I think they are 48" wide (I also have one for sale). They are very easy to install/remove if you have a loader or hoist.
  3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

We put a SnowEx V Pro 8000 in an F450 utility. Our problem was the wheel wells come up in the bed so we had to build a platform for the salter to sit on becasue it wouldn't fit between the wheel wells. We made it out of 2X4 and plywood and it work nice becasue we just use the pallet forks to load and unload it. Mounted the spreader to platform so the unit is one piece.