1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader for my dump insert....

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Heron Cove PM, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

Got my spreader option for my dump insert today. Here are some pics. I had to re-run some of the wiring, I was not too impressed with their work on "THAT" one. Anyway, hoping for some snow to put this thing to work.

Marshall

105_0589small.jpg

2. Heron Cove PM

Rear cover up, this is for clean out...

105_0590small.jpg

3. Heron Cove PM

The spinner... This is the wiring job I re-ran. The connection is now up in the bed and protected.

105_0591_r1small.jpg

4. Heron Cove PM

Here is the control box. I am going to make a custom bracket for it to sit on the floor. The front will be facing up for easy reach...

105_0593small.jpg

5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice setup Marshall! Looks like a good investment. I think you will like it.

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That is a nice setup! And Stainless too! Sweet, I hope we get snow to try out all our new toys too!!

7. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Thumbs up on that nice spreader:drinkup:

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Nice looking unit :drinkup: Just for curiosity how much was the dump and sander set up? Also would you be putting a plastic behind the unit to prevent it from hitting the truck?

9. wyldman

wyldman Member

Nice job,that is a great looking unit.Hope it works as good as it looks.

10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would have cut those wire ties and used the length of the cables to get that wiring up into the bed of the truck or somewhere else away from the spinner and road grime. I have a feeling those connections will not last long.

11. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Maybe I missed it, but what kind of dump insert is that?

Everett

12. Heron Cove PM

Thanks Everyone...

The dump with cab shield kit, side board kit, tarp kit, tax, and installation was $5000.00. The spreader listed for around $3400.00 installed. This unit was a leftover sat on the dealer's lot for about a season. I got it for about $2800.00

If you mean between the spinner and the bumper? yes I have a piece of conveyor belt to hang there. I'll post pics as soon as I get this done.

Done...

105_0597_r1small.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2003
  13. Heron Cove PM

I put the connection up in the bed...

105_0599small.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2003
  14. Heron Cove PM

It's a TruckCraft.

15. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

The wiring looks to be in a much better spot than under the bumper.

16. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

My mistake. I thought they were lower. picture was a bit deceiving. Where you got it run is right where I would have done it.

17. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like you did a great job relocating the wires/connections up to inside the truck bed. Much better spot. Just for extra protection and preventine maintenance, I would be sure to put in some dielectric grease to help it from corrosion like from water and salty road spray.

18. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I'm very curious to see how the Truck Craft tailgate salter holds up with various winter and salt conditions??????

I have the same Truck Craft Aluminum insert, just waiting for some factual feedback before buying their salter.

By the way, nice job with the install! Be sure to use a plexiglass or other sheeting to cover mesh cab guard to eliminate salt flowing through, then onto pump below. My pump really is quite rusty for only 1.5 seasons of action.

Good luck and let us know how the salt/dump combination holds up!

ChicagoSnow

19. Heron Cove PM

If you are going to wait I'll let you know.

We are not really supposed to put anything solid over that mesh. When the dump is empty, the air flow under the shield can lift the bed. I made up a small tarp that I can unroll and will hang down to keep material from going through the mesh.

20. Heron Cove PM

Here is 2 pics for you on my temporary solution for the rear mesh. I am having a heavier stronger custom tarp made for it.

Marshall

106_0601.jpg