1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader For Full Size Blazer??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by LawnSmith, Aug 9, 2001.

1. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

i need a spreader for my 92 full size blazer. i havent been able to find much on the net and was wondering if you guys had any advice. by the way, my blazer looks like a tahoe w/ 2 less doors. it isnt the older K5 blazer. and i have upgraded to 3/4 ton suspension. thanks a lot in advance!

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

BRL? This one sounds right up your alley!

~Chuck

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Lawnsmith,
    Do a search here on "Trynex" spreaders. You'll see some posts by me and that unit was used on a full size '93 Blazer. Great plow truck isn't it? Had a '79 full size one before that, couldn't be stopped, until it caught on fire in a blizzard :(

4. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

i did the search and read through every post. i didnt see one thing about a 93 blazer or any blazer for that matter. i'm sorry if i overlooked it, i just wanted some help in the right direction. this will be my first winter plowing w/ my truck. i am in the process now of buying the plow, a 7.5 trip edge Pathfinder.

5. BRL

Lawn Smith,
    Sorry. I think I must have posted about it at a different forum. Anyway I bought a Trynex 575 spreader with hitch mount for $1,000.00 and installed it myself. Its a single stage so one should stick to dry bagged material and not use bulk in it. It spreads well. It has a low profile so you can open the window on your back door to get to salt that you bring with you for restocking. I think it holds 350 pounds, but you should check the manual because I'm going on memory. I found it to be perfect for some smaller lots we do, so that I didn't have to send the bigger salt trucks to those locations when I was already there for plowing. Saved me time & money. If you have any more questions about that model, let me know.

6. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

that sounds great....do they have a website?

7. BRL

I don't think they have a web site. I bought it online through one of the plow part suppliers.

TrynEx International, 23455 Regency Park Drive, Warren, MI 48089, call 800-725-8377 or fax 810-756-9124.

8. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

9. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

thanks for all the input! i decided on the trynex SnowEx 575 spreader. thanks again!