1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader for f-250

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowwannab2003, Sep 18, 2004.

1. plowwannab2003

plowwannab2003 Member

yeah i know that everyone is probably gonna answer this question with "don't waste ur money" or "you'll never be able to do it" but i wanted to know how good i would do sanding some driveways by putting a tailgate spreader on a 2002 f250 4x2 with some good snowtires and chains. i did pretty well driving around in the snow this past winter with highway tires on it. i would like some extr cash over the winter payup .any thoughts would be appreciated. thnx
  2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

You could do that and it would work but I don't know if people sand or salt their driveways.
  3. plowwannab2003

plowwannab2003 Member

my bad i meant parking lots not driveways but thanx for the info.
  4. buddy markley

buddy markley Junior Member
    from Ohio

Are you goning to plow as well?

If not,,you might run into trouble. The plow crew that will be mantaining that site will be putting down sand or salt as part of their visit.

Just my guess..