1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader for a John Deere???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by lotsoflights, Sep 5, 2004.

1. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

I'm in the process of ordering a JD 1435 with 4WD and I was looking for a way to add a tailgate type spreader to the back of the unit for 1 weight and 2 to spread calcium cloride. Is there anything out there to do this?? If not is there a way to add something to the rear of the unit? :confused: :confused:

craig

2. rainair

rainair Senior Member

spreader for 3 pt hitch tractor

there is an adapter kit you can buy or make one if u weld... looks like a upside down t with a tube for the hitch tube on spreader... then set it up with a 4-7 plug trailer hitch and your lites and spreader on the back
    there is a guy on e bay sells them .....

3. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

There are several 3 point hitch mounted salt spreaders, check with your Deer dealer, make sure it's for salt/sand and not a fertilizer spreader, which is meant to spread only free flowing dry material, and the salt/sand spreader has an agitator, or a vibrator to help keep an even spread pattern. I'm running a Case IH MX120, and plan to adapt my trynex 1875 tailgate spreader to fit the 3 point hitch, it's shouldn't be much of a job. Have also seen a mini v-box for a 3 point hitch, with hydraulically driven chain and spinner.

Bill

PS Epoke also makes a drop spreader for the 3 point hitch, wheel driven.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004