1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader direct wire

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mossballs, Dec 1, 2006.

1. mossballs

mossballs Member
    from MN

I have been having trouble with my snowex 8000. I have had it rewired and the spinner and auger only run about five seconds at a time. The only thing left is probably getting a new control unit but I don't want to fork out that kind of money and find out it is something else.
    Has anyone direct wired the auger and spinner and if so,did it work. I am not worried about the spinner only going one speed as I would just adjust my truck speed and have to deal with the width of the spread.
  2. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Controller and Wiring

We developed a two stage motor controller that works great on the 8000. It's called the Omega 2070. And we developed the Rhino wiring harness that works great too. The 2070 has an "Auto-Clear" function that automatically helps clear material jams at the auger. It also includes "Guardian" circuit protection so you never have to worry about burning out the controller.

If you update your spreader with the Omega 2070 controller and the Rhino 2070-06 harness you'll love the way your spreader works!

Hope this helps.

Bob Church
    Karrier Company
    Ph: 800-709-4434
    Fx: 330-821-0741