1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spreader controller

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by grassmaster06, Sep 24, 2009.

1. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

well i have a older truck craft t 130 spreader for my dump insert and the controller that it came with does not look that trust worthy anyways my question is would a buyers v box controller and harness work ok ,all i need to do is control the auger and the spinner so i think it should be ok , right any input would be helpful
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need a karrier unit. The Karrier model 2090 with a rhino harness is the choice. We can get you one already set up for the truckcraft unit. Much more durable.

The Omega 2090 offers the highest output current of any dual stage controller manufactured today in a compact single box design. This is an incredibly technically advanced piece of equipment and gives the user maximum material feed and spread pattern control for your two stage conveyor/ auger fed salt spreader, all electric dump insert tailgate spreader or all electric undergate spreader. We even included an auxiliary power out circuit to power lights or the dump insert (with the Omega 3100 dump insert control). Maximum nominal operating current to the spinner is 30 amps and 60 amps to the material feed motor and is fully protected by "Guardian" current management system to give your salt spreader the "Power to Perform" without ever overloading your system or burning out the controller. The Omega 2090 even drives "Hard-Start" current in a specially designed algorithm to get your spreader started every time.
  3. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

how much would this be