1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader Controller

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mx495, Dec 15, 2010.

1. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Have a Fisher tailgater spreader. Havent used it in 2 years. Worked fine when I last used it. Now the controller doesnt seem to work. Do they usually go bad just sitting? I'm getting power to it but nothing comes on. I opened it and nothing is loose or anything and I jumped the switch and still nothing. Thanks

2. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Glad you asked the question.....having a similar problem except absolutely now power to the Boss controller for my 1100.. Hopefully some of these guys will lend some advice.

3. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I wouldn't think it would go bad from sitting. Do you have a good ground. If it is not grounded properly It would not come on.

4. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

Just the power coming in and the ground coming into the controller. Both good, they are direct to the battery. Has 4 wires. Power/ground in and 2 out to the spreader. The 2 out to the spreader might not be so good, but didnt think that would matter to get the controller on.

5. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

remove the cover. take a test light and test the wire going to the switch. If it is hot then turn it on and see if there is power coming out. I had a bad switch in my controller one time. This is how I tested it. Replaced the switch and it worked fine.

6. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I am not familier with Fisher but my controller has 2 hot wires. One from the battery and one from a fuse that only works with the ignition on. you may double check and make sure you are not missing a wire