1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spreader Controller Repair

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GL&M, Nov 10, 2008.

1. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

Any of you guys know of anyone that repairs Salt Spreader Controllers. I have two that crapped out over the years. Are they cost effective to repair or just throw away items. I can get a new one for $150.00- $200.00.
  2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I guess it depends on whats wrong, the on off switch on mine went out, $60 for a new one, which was several hundred less than a new one
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Try Bill Karrier, he is a sponser and is a wizzard when it comes to controllers. He builds his own and the are the top of the line.

Regards Mike
  4. tgaskill

tgaskill Junior Member

It depends on what kind of controller you need but I just had to buy one for my Meyers. Dealer wanted almost $500 I bought a Buyers off ebay New in the box for $139, even had the same pigtails on it so it matched right up to my current wires. Had it in 2 days......
  5. scoopdog

scoopdog Junior Member
    from ohio

if it is an airflo controler call me and i can get you one next day 513-678-1597 chad