1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spraying liquid after rock salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by nevrnf, Dec 5, 2008.

1. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Had a rain to snow event here with a large drop in temps. 44 deg to 9 deg in about 8 hours with only a light 1" snowfall. Seeing as it started as rain no pretreat was able to be done. Plain rock salt was ineffective @ 6am at the low temp.
    My question is since treating the salt is not an option what about spraying after the rock salt is applied to the lot. Would this give a similar result as a preatreat? I have used liquid before but never got to try this as we also used treated salt.
  2. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Has anyone ever tried this? no one has a opinion?
  3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

4. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

I would suggest that you use Liquid after it rain and set up into ice. the use of salt before it froze would not work and after it iced up the temp would be below salts effective range so it would be wasted our liquid range is -25 give us a ring or check out our web page for more info on liquids
  5. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

you typod your website link chlor dieguy.