1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sprayer conversion

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rockytop, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rockytop

rockytop Junior Member

Ok I have a turf sprayer and want to use for Mag. Is this the norm? Is it difficult to mix own brine and if not, what is the ratio of bagged flakes to water? I would really like to use this sprayer if possible. It has a 5hp briggs and smaller shureflo pump. Any thoughts on how to accomplish? Can you rig a boom? Are there corrosion problems I should know about, and if so the best way to clean?

2. ToniM

ToniM Junior Member

Booms are easy enough to make but you would need to make sure your pump has enough pressure and gpm to feed the nozzles in the boom. What make and model # is the pump. You stated that you have a Briggs & Shurflo pump but the Shurflo pumps are normally 12 volt powered not gas powered.
    Toni
    toni@rittenhouse.ca

3. rockytop

rockytop Junior Member

yeah ok I will check the pump out to make sure. Thanks and will get back to you Toni.