1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sprayed my Truck this weekend!

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Kavu, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Kavu

Kavu Member

I had time to spray my truck this weekend. Went well, but I wish I had a lift... Used about 1/2- 3/4 of a gallon to do the truck. Plan to spray my plow and skid later this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Nice! Thanks for the pics. :D

3. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

U Spray it on the rockers or the whole truck?

4. Dano50

from CA

Whole enchilada! Just don't get it all over your windshield or brakes...

5. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Eventho its a rust preventer, its not bad for the paint? Like for the whole truck, I could see it on the rockets and wheels

6. Dano50

from CA

Fluid Film will not harm paint at all. It will even bring back the luster to an old faded paint job.

7. Kavu

Kavu Member

I got a little over spray on the painted surfaces, but my intension was to only spray the undercarriage and other area that tend to rot.

8. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Going to do my trucks and skid this week...will post pics. I use a eletric paint sprayer for the big stuff , and the cans for plows and to touch up the polycaster spreader, good stuff.

9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

10. Kavu

Kavu Member

11. Grumpydave

Grumpydave Member

Did ours today. Way too old to be crawling around under the truck so used a friends' lift. Pulled wheels and tires, wrapped hubs and brakes. Used the same amount 1/2 to 3/4 gallon. Made a small rubber extension for the tip and was able to get into holes on bed frame, crossmembers etc. Will this stuff protect aluminum wheels from salt damage? If so I'll do them by hand later in the week. Have the Best Day You Can

12. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

So this stuff can be sprayed on every part of the truck except windows and brakes? So if I sprayed the truck paint, it wont hurt anything?

13. Kavu

Kavu Member

According to Dano at Fluid Film, you can safely spray your paint. See his post above.

14. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Like franks red hot sauce I put that $ hit on everything. Works good on work boots too.

15. snowrangler

snowrangler Junior Member

I sprayed my jeep wrangler,took about 5sprey cans. Funny little side note went to get up off my creeper and garage floor was as slick as any ice rink,everyone got nice little laugh at me trying to git up without falling on my ass.Somtimes I amuse myself-big-dummy!!! Note to self -do not do this on smooth finished concrete!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  16. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

I did my new 2010 Silverado this weekend. Trying to stay ahead of the rust this time around. I used 1.5 gallons on the truck and plow, went real heavy, maybe too heavy. Never used FF before, I hope it is as good as some people on here say. I covered my rotors with plastic and went to town! Does anyone spray thir engine compartment? I did but don't know if it was a good idea.

17. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Some pic's of the spray job would be nice...

Not pic's of the truck that was sprayed ...