1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spray spread rig....Too heavy???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Plow man Foster, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Ok im wondering if a 4500 Can handle a Liquid tank and still dump salt.
    Im Getting another 4500 dump And want another liquid rig but still do a little salt so To spray and spread would be SAWEET!
    Would it be too much weight for the hoist to life a 300 Gallon tank and salt?
    I think they say 1 gallon weighs 10 pounds about.... So that 3k alone. FULL

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

3,000 lbs of liquid, 750 lbs V box spreader, 3,000 lbs of salt = 6,750 lbs or approx 3.4 ton? What can or do you normally haul on that 4500 series? In pounds or ton?

3. Plow man Foster

actually its gonna be a dump switch and go. And a Replacement tailgate spreader. 300 pounds.

Actually i found a pic of a kodiak hauling a Skid. That skid could be anywhere from 4k-7k Pounds.
    [​IMG]

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Good lucky with Topkick 4500. Parts are get Scarce and their rear axle aren't made for heavy load everyday. If I were you I go with Topkick 6500 or Ford F550.

There several threads about them blew up rear axle. They were use for salt spreader and plow.

5. Plow man Foster

Parts arent scarce but my buddy has one with a boss plow are has put over 9k in the front axle on warranty sucks Because the truck looks sweet!
    Im not sure on what im gonna get though. Prob. Gonna go bigger to the 65.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011