1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spray on bedliner

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flykelley, Apr 18, 2004.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ok Guys
    I just removed my plastic bedliner and cleaned up the bed.I plan on getting a vbox this year,and the word is a spray on bedliner is the way to go.

What brands do you like,and why do you like them?

About how much is this going to cost me?

Will they hold up to shovels and other hard use?

Thanks Mike
  2. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

Mike, The last two new trucks I bought have spray on bed liners and I wouldn't buy a truck without having that done to them. A few weeks ago we removed the v-box from our F-350 hosed the bed out and it looks a good as the day it was installed. As to which brand is better to me they are all the same, some installers do a better job than others but they do stand up to the punishment, as far as cost I paid about $425 for them. Well worth the investment
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i was thinking about buying the vortex system to do on the side there stuff dries in 5 seconds with a lifetime warranty there stuff is strong
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Do you know where I can look at that product? Maybe a web site?

Thanks Mike
  5. PLOWMAN45

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

7. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

If you've never seen the test the Air Force did with Rhino Liner, you should try and find a copy, I think there's a film on the web about it. They painted a cinderblock building with rhino liner, then detonated a big bomb right outside the building.. Every block in the building cracked but, they all stayed in place.. An identical building next to it without the rhino liner was leveled by the blast.. It's some tough stuff..
  8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I think it was lineX since they got the government contract. My dad saided the blast doors on the pentagone are covered with a 2" think layer of linex. I paid $400 for my F150 8' bed. Worth every penny. I am getting the new racks that i built for my trailer done in linex so i will not scratch my equipment.
  9. PLOWMAN45

line x rhino vortex there all the same
  10. KenP

KenP Senior Member

They may look the same but are not. For one the linex dries rapidly, allowing you to drive your truck out into the weather the same day, Rhino requires in doors curing. I did some research and I was getting ready to go with the LineX, till my truck got hit by a fire engine:dizzy: . Maybe when it gets back from the body shop I'll do it.
  11. PLOWMAN45

12. PolarBear

PolarBear Member

Just had my truck done with Rhino Lining... Excellent job
  13. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I think I got the amorthane stuff. not all the products are the same. Amorthane(or what ever I got) is quite a bit thicker than most brands and more rubbery. I like the fact its thicker and rubbery. I like that even when wet stuff dosnt slide around, some people want to be able to slide stuff in and out. Some people like the line x stuff because its thinner and slick. its all tough stuff. personal preference.

Stuff I have has a lifteime warantee and I got there as the guy was pulling off the mask it was dry to the touch, it wasnt 100% cured but it was pretty much done and I could let it do the rest of its thing outside. I ran about 900# of concrete blocks in the back for balast and the stuff still looks new. I paid 500$ but got the rails done too. This stuff goes on with heat too.....the gun heats it up I believe.....

I would say decide if you want a slick product or not and then pick based on the shop. I think the application is more important then the actual stuff they are all hosing on. JMO but I think they are all great products and will all hold up. Except that do it yourself crap, it dont seem to hold up at all........
  14. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

Spray in bed liner, two thumbs up.
  15. PLOWMAN45

i think im buying the super liner buisness i seen the product in action