1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spray liquid into spinner chute

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CPSS, Jan 18, 2003.

1. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Our town highway dept spreader trucks have 2 liquid tanks on the bed next to the bottom of the big V spreaders. I assume they are spraying MAGIC (or something similar) into the spinner or chute, because I dont see any spray bars or nozzles on the back of the truck. Would this type of system be available for the smaller V spreaders that we use? I cant buy MAGIC salt in the area, only straight rock salt. I realize its better to pre treat the salt in the piles, but was wondering about alternatives.:drinkup:

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

swenson has one (i bought one) that is made for the swenson v but will fit any v-box...well made and not terribly expensive.

I am actually going to mount it to an under tailgate unit...that was not the initial intention but it ended up that way

When i was researching the pre-wet systems swenson was one of the few people who i could get a hold of at the factory to get some real answers...and swenson left me with little or no questions left

my v-box is a 1.4 yard snow-way unit and it would fit on that nicely...biggest difference with the sizes is the holding tank size
  3. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Any info? web site or pricing? Thanks
  4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Call Jim Yonkers at NYTANK in Weedsport, New York, he custom built a pre-wett tank for my two yard airflo sander, I had it custom built to 1) be a prewett and to spray the material coming out of the sander and 2) a straight liquid app, to apply liquid to pavement through a removable spray bar. They are a great company to work with and also the price was very resonable. The phone number is 1-800-988-5774 and ask for Jim Yonkers he is a great guy.
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Check out www.snowequipmentsales.com They build the systems for us at ODOT. They work excellent. Lately we have been using calcium chloride to prewet the salt, due to the very cold temps.