1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spray bottle vs spray can

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Plowtoy, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I know with the "blue and yellow can" product you can buy it by the gallon and run it through a spay bottle, is there any chance you could do the same with FF? I use FF on the bottoms of my car and suv doors to slow the rusting and I can only get about 2 vehicles done with one can and I like to apply every oil change or about 3 times a year. I would rather buy it by the gallon, but I don't have access to a spray gun. Any idea's?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There are dozens of conversations about FF here. An entire forum dedicated to the product. If you don't have an air compressor, an electric paint spraying seems to the best option.

3. bob1008

bob1008 Junior Member
    from ma

You must be applying it very selectively if you are able to get 2 vehicles from a can. Most people use about 6 cans to undercoat a mid size vehicle. Fluid Film NAS is too thick to apply via a spray bottle. It will not atomize into a spray. Some people do buy the (1) gallon cans and apply it with a paint brush. But that makes it very difficult to get into the inaccessible areas. If you access to a have a small compressor, you could consider The undercoating kit for $79.50 that includes a gallon of Fluid Film, and a complete gun setup.
    The gun only needs 70-90 psi of pressure and even the smallest compressor will work.
    undercoating kits.

Otherwise, you could just buy a gallon, and buy an inexpensive paint sprayer like a Wagner, or one from Harbor Freight. I've never heard of a paint gun that won't work at all with Fluid Film. Some just work much better than others.

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

O.k., at this point I am only coating the known "problem" areas on my vehicles. I spray the seams or where the door skins fold over on the bottom of my doors on my 03 Tahoe and on my 06 Impala and the same areas on our superduty. I also am using it for hinge and latch lube. I don't know, but I would suspect that with a paint spayer, I would make quite the mess doing just those areas. I guess I will just keep buying the cans for now

5. bob1008

bob1008 Junior Member
    from ma

Fluid Film Extension wand for aerosol cans

You should be fine doing it that way. There is also an extension wand that fits on the Fluid Film cans. It makes it easy to get inside the doors through the latch access hole, and also great for getting into frames tubes and other tight spots. The extension wand is 24" long and has a 360° nozzle on the end for full circular coverage. Check it out here:
    http://youtu.be/KzJeEPtvwqw