1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sportsman Warehouse Filing Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Italiano67, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

We have serviced the local Sportsman Warehouse all winter and have a contract until April 1. They were 60 days late at the beginning of the winter and it took alot of persuasion to finally get partial payment. Snow is predicted twice in the next few days and am wondering what the opinions are on continuing service with bankruptcy already filed. They still owe a decent amount at this time.

2. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

Iwould have to say just walk away unless you get what is owed to you. I dont know for sure but i dont think thy are filing chapter 11. The canadian company that bought them out had to close a few stores for som luiquid assets. again not for sure just what i read in the paper.

3. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

I don't know where you guys are getting your information But the person who is majority owner of Sportsman's Warehouse lives the next town over. I also know him personally and talk with him quite often. their main office is just across the river also we hear all the new from there and there has been no news like what you say there is..... TIMES ARE TOUGH RIGHT NOW NO ONE HAS MONEY AND IF YOU SEEM TO BE MAKING A REAL GOOD PROFIT ITS TIME TO RETHINK YOUR PRICING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Just because you know the person doesn't mean he discusses everything. It's right on their website too.

Chapter 11 Press Release

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep there it is...huh can't imagine why he wouldn't tell you about it. I would be unable to show my face had I filed bankruptcy, much less tell anyone about it!

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a snapshot of their website...pretty sure it says they filed for Chapter 11 :waving:

Sportsmans.JPG

7. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

Chapter 11- will not "forgive" them from current bills. only forgive 90+ days. call them and find out what they would like you to to do... if they want you to keep plowing then take another contract over and have them resign with you.

8. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

That is most likely my plan of action. Thanks for the responses. It helps to reason things out with other opinions.

9. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

I stand Corrected My bad

10. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I'd definetly work with them if you have a good relationship with the people there and in corporate. Times are tough right now but chapter 11 is restructure, not go away - so if the relationship is there, working with them today will probably lead to long term work.

11. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

They are closing the store permanently as of May 1.

12. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

I cannot believe the highlighted portion of what I just read....... Some folks continue to amaze me......

13. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

LOL! If you are making money rethink your stategy and plan in the future to lose it. Sound like a plan?:confused::D