1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sport track

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by topdog, Dec 14, 2005.

1. topdog

topdog Member
    from indiana

i have an 02 sport track was thinking about putting a blade on it as an extra/back up truck to my 94 chevy 2500 w/ 05 8ft ultra mount blade instead of buying a questionable older plow truck?

just curious if anyone uses one. see tons of other jeeps, and suvs with them.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have seen some with plows around. I don't know what plow you would put on one. You have to remember that it's a light duty truck,it will not plow like a big dog. It probably has a 130 amp alternator in it,put a big battery in it and see if Timbrens are available for it. Add a towing type trans cooler,manual hubs and tube sand in the short bed for ballast. I used a Bronco II for 3 seasons and it was great for condo's and small lots. I broke a few front axles shafts and u-joints tho.
  3. ynot_5_0

ynot_5_0 Member

I had a Blizzard 680LT on my 04' Ranger FX4 II which is bascially the same frame. Truck plowed great for a light duty, plow was light enough to not make it sag and light enough to muscle around in the garage when not in use. Now, I believe Blizzard has a 7'2'' light duty also. You should check into it.
  4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking about getting one of those for more room, but stayed with the Ranger. I think if the frame is the same as the Ranger a 7 foot Curtis will fit. If you get any of the above mentioned I would like to see some pictures.