1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sport Plow Straps

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by KIDMAN, Jan 29, 2009.

KIDMAN Junior Member

Can You Back Drag With These Sport Blades ? Or is that is what that new strap is For?
  2. taterntot101

taterntot101 Junior Member

The plow isn't designed to backdrag, as it lays on it's back when you back up. It can be done, though I've never actually never tried to backdrag with my Snowsport. For the $25 they cost, I can find lots of cheaper ways to backdrag if I wanted to (regular ratchet strap...).

KIDMAN Junior Member

SnowSport Back Drag

I thought maybe that was what those new down pressure straps were for. How do you pull into a driveway and remove the snow without back draging. For instance I want to pull up to my garage door and back drag out my drive way. How else could you clean a drive way with SnowSport?
  4. taterntot101

taterntot101 Junior Member

The new straps that they came out do make it possible to backdrag, My point is that the straps are really poor quality, and cost $25. You can do the same job with a regular ratchet strap for a lot less $, and a ratchet strap will probably last a lot longer. When I bought my plow, the guy I bought from had a couple of straps in stock and took one out of the package so we could both see how it worked (it was new to the market at the time). After 15 minutes of trying to figure out how it worked, we got it on. It was then that we both agreed that the quality was subpar, and the price was too high for what it was.

KIDMAN Junior Member

SnowSport Straps

Yor point is well taken! I just want to be able to back drag. How does the strap go on,what does it connect to in order to to keep the blade from laying back. I'm looking at one to mount on a 2005 Buick SUV all wheel drive. I now have a Meyer snow plow mounted on a 1995 Wrangler 2in. lift kit ,& off road tires, It be close to yours.
    Thanks for telling me about the straps, I hope you can explain how they hook up.
  6. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

Hey Kidman.The only way I could see a person could backdrag with this type of plow is to attach a hookpoint near the bottom on each side of the blade abit to each side of the push frame.You would have to drive up to the door,drop the blade down,attach the strap and back up(alot of work I agree)Best way to clear the doorway with this plow is to back inside the garage and plow out(this is what I do my place.This doesn,t work so well if its a customer.Thats why they call the snowsport a personal snowplow.
  7. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

I agree with what he's saying about backing into the garage (or heck just park there overnight and drive out!)... these are not ment to be used proffesionally.