1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sport or standard on f150 7700 series

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jayspin, Dec 6, 2011.

1. jayspin

jayspin Junior Member

should i put a sport duty straight or standard on my 2000 f150 7700 series, the boss site says standard, and my dealer says sport, although i think its because he has that blade on his lot, not the standard. anyone with experience on this? i also will consider moving the plow to a f250 possible in the future maybe..
  2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I'd get the Standard. You can upgrade it to an 8/8.6/9 Super down the road for under $2000.
    It has all the same quality parts in Pump, Motor, cylinders. The Sport has less durable Homeowner parts but if thats all you need it for then maybe it is worth the cost savings.
  3. jayspin

jayspin Junior Member

thanks for the imput, i am doing about 15 drives, mostly asphault.
  4. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

In your situation I would go with the sport duty. I absolutely love mine, it has the same, rams, pump harness, etc as the standard and super duty plows. I have put mine through some good abuse and it still asks for more. They are significantly lighter, therefore putting less strain on the transmission, and front end parts. I would save the 2k and get the sport, then when you are ready to go up to the F250 sell the system off and purchase a larger v plow.
  5. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

That F150 7700 is very comparable to a 250. I would get the standard and not loom back
  6. Ultra Duty

Ultra Duty Member
    from NE OHIO

Just my $.02 i would run a super duty 7'6" or a 8'2" v. I ran a 7'6" super duty on my f150 for 4 years w/ no issues, just run a load range D or E tire and you will be good. Switched to V because it weighs 65lb more and its more productive in our accounts.
  7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I ran the 7.6V on a F150 7700lb truck a few years ago. It handled it very well. If you don't go with a V, I'd definately go with the heavier duty straight blade.
  8. bravada75

bravada75 Junior Member

sport duty

I have a 7 ft sport duty on my dakota quad cab for last 2 plow seasons i do about 20 driveways and my own commercial lot which is 45000 sq feet and have had no problems at all however if i had a bigger truck i would go with the standard duty but just go with a boss they are the best