1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sport duty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dodge15004x45.9, Apr 8, 2010.

1. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Anyone using the sporty duty. Any draw backs failiers? l'm adding up plow weights and frame weights and going to make my choice soon. :mechanic:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like any other plow in the lightweight category they don't back drag very well. Need down pressure (Sno-way) to get excellent BD out of a lightweight. Or at least a back drag edge to get somewhat acceptable results. No other downsides, they're tough little plows even for light commercial use and as reliable as any of it's big brothers in the Boss lineup.

3. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

basher said you would say that.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

He knows me all too well. :D

5. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

Your kidding right! lol. Are you local to us?

I'm really hung up on boss plow.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Then polish those brand blinders and get one. It will work for you. Don't forget a backdrag edge, some timbrens and 4/500lbs ballast.

7. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

Don't think I'll need timbrens with how big my lift coils are. 3" taller coils and twice and thick as stock. Ballast hell yea I know I'll need at least 500lbs. I'm not going to fight you on that one.

So when are you buying my plow? I'll be down to pick it up in aug. :drinkup:

And I'm really missing the back drag part. Wont half of the plows weight be put on the cutting edge.

I think its bed time. :sleeping:

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plows do not BD's nearly as well as they push forward, the cutting edge is angled the wrong way regardless of they're weight. But the lighter they are the worse it is.

Even a 1000 lb plow will only BD so well before the snow load begins to lift the blade from the ground, that's where the down pressure and BD edges come into play. But even a BD edge isn't a full replacement for down pressure. It's a tough feature to beat.

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

no.. in decent snows the blade will ride up after about 10 to 15 feet of BD.... in huge snows youll get about 5 feet before it rides right on top

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Ever think of buying a back blade? No more needing to pullin back drag turn around and all that blah blah blah. Back in drop the back blade, and front plow and go to town.

11. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

I don't really want a box on the end of my truck. It is a very good idea. Just not for me right now. But it is something to keep in mind if I have to/ need to add one.

12. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I have a 3 year old 7.6 poly sport I want to sell if your interested. I used it to do my house and 3 small lots I own but I upgraded trucks and I'm going to run a VXT this winter.

The poly sport is a good plow if you dont plan to use it to do mall parking lots. It never left me down.

13. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

Kinda far away. I'm near philly. But thanks for the offer.