1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sport duty too light

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by allstarlawncare, Sep 15, 2011.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

So i have a sport duty plow on my 2007 f150 and it is not very good at backblading because it just end up floating over the snow. What can be done to make it backblade better? Is it possible to add weight to it or what else is there?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could use a backdrag edge.
  3. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

are backblade edges possible on a sport duty plow?
  4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

dont tell me its the 7 footer too lol. yeah you could get some FLAT cast iron weights they use on gym equipment, drill a couple holes through the few weights and top rail of the plow, bolt the suckers on.

you can easily run a 7'6" standard duty "which is the lightest thing id put on the f150" or a 7'6" or 8 footer super duty straight blade, may need front level kit and will definitly need ballast to keep the back down.

I think the difference of our standard duty plow vs the super duty 7'6" is a lot let alone the sport duty, those are made for like ford Explorers and Jeeps.

Weight will be your friend for your situation :) I'd bolt no less than maybe two stacks of 40lbs on each side of the plow, or closer to the middle to the left and right side of where the trip springs are bolted in.

You MIGHT also be able to buy a 8 foot super duty XT new cutting edge thats a lot thicker and heavier, have it cut by a shop with a chop saw or cutting torch down to 7 or 7'6" and bolt that on, will gain a hair in height and add solid weight to the bottom of the moldboard.!

good luck.