1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sport duty question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ChicagoPlower, Sep 19, 2008.

1. ChicagoPlower

ChicagoPlower Senior Member

I'm considering buying a 7'6" sport duty soon. It will be plowing only driveways, 70- 80. it looks like a tough plow, basically having the same specs as the standard duty except one less spring and no shock absorber. How do you guys like the plow.? Has anyone had problems with the plow tripping or doubling over when pushing heavy snow or big piles? - Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Although the sports are a tough plow for their "sport duty" designation, they're not really designed for a commercial application which is what 70-80 driveways would definitely be classified as.

Why a sport in the first place? Are you planning to run it on a small truck (lightweight)?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I would think on the right truck it could be a good application. 1500 SB pick up with a sportduty class plow could be a great driveway tool.

4. ChicagoPlower

ChicagoPlower Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback. The truck I'm putting it on is a 08 Tundra. I was set on getting a used jeep, but couldn't pass up the deal I got on the Tundra. Boss rated the truck for a standard duty because of the 5.7 engine, and the regular cab, but I feel like that might be pushing it. 595 lbs. compared to 441 lbs. is a big weight difference. It's a tough call, I'm going to look at the sport duty in person this week.

5. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I have had no trouble with mine. It is better built then the meyer I had on my old truck and has stood up to me doing parking lots and driveways all winter.

For a 1500 series truck, its a great plow.

6. 150 Pusher

150 Pusher Junior Member
    from 12084

VBigFord20, I notice you have a 04 F-150 with a Boss Sport-Duty. Did they have to modify (cut out) any of the air dam on your truck when you had it installed. I've got the same truck and am going back and forth between the same setup you have and a Sno-way 26 series. My local Sno-way dealer said he may have to take a good chunk of my bumper out around the receiver points. I'm leaning towards the Boss. Got any Pics?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the boss and Snoway will both have very similar mounts. i'm not aware of any visible mods to the F-150 fascia be required with either unit.