1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sport duty plow on tundra

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigbadbrad, Feb 7, 2011.

1. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

my father owns a 2000 tundra, looking at plows for it,comsidering a sport duty 7.5ft plow, any one have experience with these, he will just be plowing his paved driveway and thats it. any pics?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That's a good choice for that size truck. I've heard a lot off good things from guys that have that set up.

3. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

it will do just fine. I have one on my Sierra and it works great. My biggest gripes are that it is not heavy enough to do much back dragging, and that the electrical connectors are not made for cold, cold weather (which baffles me, its a snowplow. Anything below 10 and that are real hard to hook up, at -20 I needed a heat gun to get them together.

I am fine with the weight of the plow. I am happy to give up back dragging to save the wear on the front end of my truck.

[​IMG][/img]

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

There is a guy in the next town over from me that has a 1st gen. Tundra with a 7.5' Boss Sport Duty. I have never asked him how he likes it but, I think he has had real good luck with it.

5. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

My neighbor bought a big box store special plow . If he can do a few driveways with that, the Sport Duty can easily handle a small route. One issue is when there is heavy wet snow you probably need to take small amounts to keep it from tripping- no big deal if you have alittle extra time.